RETREAT PERMISSION SLIPS – Sophomores and Juniors – please remember to turn in your permission slips for Wednesday’s retreats if you haven’t done so already.
SANP FUNDRAISER OCTOBER 12th – Grab some dinner either before or after the JV football game and help support the senior class while getting a great meal! Herb & Fire Pizzeria at 2121 Celebration Dr. will be hosting a fundraiser on Thursday, October 12 from 4:00pm to close. Be sure to print or show this FLYER to help support the SANP.
BAND FUNDRAISER OCTOBER 8th – Help support the band raise funds for their Disney trip by attending their 5th annual mattress fundraiser on Sunday, October 8. More information can be found HERE. Seniors – this is a great opportunity to do some pre-college shopping and purchase a mattress pad, while helping your friends in the band!
- All Saints Academy is seeking fun-loving adults to join our K-8 After School Child Care Team. Ideally, we are in need of assistance Monday through Friday from 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM; however, we will consider applicants for fewer days/hours too. Candidates must be at least 18 years of age. Interested candidates should email Beckie Patterson – email@example.com or call (616) 447-2997.
- St. Paul the Apostle Catholic School is looking for aides for our after school care program. More information can be found in this FLYER. For questions, please contact Sarah Kleinschmit at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SERVICE HOURS OPPORTUNITY – Need Service Hours? Want to Earn them working for Athletics? IHM is looking for individuals to work athletic events in the evenings and on a few Saturdays. The events will be for Volleyball and Basketball. If you are interested, please see Mr. Ciluffo in the Athletic Office or email IHM’s Athletic Director Mr. Wasinski at email@example.com
UPCOMING COLLEGE FAIRS – Catholic Central families are encouraged to attend any of the following college fairs this fall:
- The Michigan Association for College Admissions Counseling Fall 2023 College Fair is being hosted by Grand Rapids Community College on Thursday, October 5 from 9:00-11:00 AM at the GRCC Downtown Grand Rapids Campus, Ford Fieldhouse (111 Lyon St NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503) Students (grades 10-12 only) must sign up HERE by September 30 to attend (with signed parent permission form; accompanied by CC staff).
COLLEGE VISITS – A representative from the colleges listed will be available to meet with CC students in grades 10-12. Reserve your spot 24 hours prior to the visit through SCOIR.
- Miami University (Oxford) – Tuesday, October 3 at 2:20 p.m.
- Butler University – Thursday, October 5 at 2:20 p.m.
- Merrimack College – Friday, October 6 at 11:00 a.m.
- Marian University – Monday, October 9 at 9:30 a.m.
- DePaul University – Monday, October 9 at 10:50 a.m.
- DePauw University – Monday, Octer 9 at 2:20 p.m.
- University of Utah – Tuesday, October 10 at 2:20 p.m.
- Marquette University – Wednesday, October 11 at 1:20 p.m.
- Northern Michigan University – Monday, October 16 at 9:30 a.m.
- Davidson College – Monday, October 16 at 10:50 a.m.
- Loyola University Chicago – Monday, October 16 at 2:20 p.m.
- Saint Mary’s College – Tuesday, October 17 at 2:20 p.m.
- Benedictine College – Wednesday, October 18 at 1:20 p.m.
- Earlham College – Thursday, October 19 at 2:20 p.m.
- The College of Wooster – Friday, October 20 at 1:20 p.m.
BEGINNING WITH BREAKFAST – A hot breakfast of the chef’s choice will be offered daily. All breakfast combos are served with fruit, juice, and milk
LOOKING AHEAD FOR LUNCH
- Tuesday, October 3 – Beef Nachos, Refried beans, lettuce, tomato, fruit cup
- Wednesday, October 4 – CC Retreats – No Lunch
- Thursday, October 5 – Stuffed baked potato, bacon, cheese, grapes
- Friday, October 6 – Pizza, veggie bag
BLESSING OF THE DAY – May God make you holy when you feel pressured by the circumstances or expectations that surround you. May you experience the lightness in your step that comes with knowing that God walks with you. May you be blessed with the grace to share your burdens with your God who carries the load on broad shoulders and offers relief in his total love for you and companionship with you. May God, Faithful Support, bless you. –Maxine Shonk, OP